An applicant organisation is eligible to apply for the 2014 Awards if it answers YES to all of the following 10 questions.
If your organisation answers NO to any of the following questions, it will not be able to submit an application.
1. Is your organisation a locally registered non-profit-making organisation – a charity, non-governmental organisation, voluntary organisation or similar?
2. Does your organisation work directly or indirectly with children in one or more of the areas of Health, Education, Protection or WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)?
3. Is your organisation legally established and registered in one of these countries:
Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Bolivia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
4. Does your organisation have its own annual independently audited annual accounts?
5. Does your organisation have an annual income in its most recent set of independently audited annual accounts between US$200,000 and US$4,000,000 (or equivalent in local currency)?
6. Does your organisation have its own constitution?
7. Does your organisation have its own bank account?
8. Does your organisation have its own dedicated Board of Trustees/Directors?
9. Is your organisation open to staff and beneficiaries from different faiths?
10. Does your organisation have independent decision-making power and complete autonomy over how it spends its money?