- How do I get an application form?
The easiest and most efficient way to apply is using our online application form. Alternatively, you can download the application form.
- What does our organisation get if it is selected to receive an Award?
Each Award is US$100,000 of unrestricted funding and additional tailored consultancy support. In addition, smaller Awards of different sizes will be made at the discretion of STARS’ Board of Trustees.
- Do we have to spend the money by a deadline? What will happen if we spend more? What will happen if we spend less?
Organisations that receive an Impact Award must supply STARS Foundation with a draft plan for spending their funding by the Impact Award Ceremony. The consultancy portion of the funding must be utilised within one year and the cash funding must be utilised within three years of submitting your plan.
- Do we have to be a registered charity to apply?
To be eligible organisations must be locally registered as non-profit making – either a charity, NGO, voluntary organisation or similar.
- What documentation do we need to have in order to apply?
Your organisation will need to complete all sections of the application form and submit your organisation’s most recent set of independently audited annual accounts. You will also need to submit a copy of your organisation’s legal registration document showing the name and legal status of your organisation.
- We are part of a larger organisation, can we apply?
You can apply providing your organisation meets our eligibility criteria.
- Can we apply more than once in one year?
The Impact Awards process is only open once in the year and therefore eligible organisations can only apply once in that year.
- When will I know if my application has been selected to receive an Award?
AApplicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by September 2013. Detailed Timescales.
- Will unsuccessful applicants be notified?
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by September 2013 (at the latest). Detailed Timescales.
- Can we find out why our application was not selected to receive an Award?
Feedback will be provided to applicants a when they are informed of the outcome of their application.
- What is the closing date?
The closing date for applications is 1pm GMT on Monday 12th November 2012. All postal applications and/or supporting documents must also be received by 1pm GMT on Monday 12th November 2012. Detailed Timescales.
- Will you consider joint applications?
We will not consider joint applications. Applications must be made by one organisation and all details provided must relate to that organisation.
- If we are selected to receive an Award, when would the money be paid?
All selected recipients may receive the funding within 28 days of a written request to the STARS Foundation. Please refer to the Awards terms and conditions in the application form for further information.
- What should I do if I don’t understand the guidance notes or have further questions?
If you need further advice or have a question which is not answered by these FAQs or the guidance notes, please email us at email@example.com